The Enough! Collective is supporting an individual to undertake a month’s travel through Europe this Autumn.
Enough! Is supporting three routes journeys during 2019. We work collaboratively with individuals and support them to create their route-map and equip them with the skills and tools required to get the most out of the project.
Through these journeys, Enough! will create a low-carbon route map around Europe.
We are seeking to change the pace and give people a new experience – a new modality to help refresh / awaken / enliven ourselves. The idea is to connect people throughout Europe working on responses to new climate realities, degrowth and deep adaptation.
Individuals will be offered a travel and living grant.
The purpose is twofold:
1. To support people working in community in Scotland by offering them the chance to travel and engage with ideas across the continent. By being asked to articulate their own project, community or work they may gain insight from afar. In doing this we are creating a loop back to Scotland bringing new ideas and people and contacts.
2. To help build and connect the environmental justice movement responding to climate crisis.
Travel will be by sail and train – and people will be asked to document and share their travels via audio recordings, written blog entries, photography, film or whatever is appropriate.
Enough will work collaboratively with individuals and support them to create their route map and equip them with the skills and tools required to get the most out of the project. Enough will then also curate the route map and fill it with editorial content.
Each month long journey is supported by a grant of – £2,500 to cover travel and expenses.
The budget is to be used at the participants discretion. The travel grant is intended to offset living expenses to allow participation.
The only stipulations are that:
- the participant may not use air travel
- the participant is asked to record and document their experience to contribute to the online map
- the participant understands and is in agreement with Enoughs aims and ethos
Deadline for submissions: Monday 12 August 2019
Applicants will be notified by Wednesday Monday 26 August 2019.
To apply please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org supplying the following:
- A short covering statement explaining why this opportunity will benefit your work/community (500 words max)
- Your CV including full contact details
- Some ideas of where you might travel and why